Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This Week's Burning Question


Hey! Hey! This week's burning question is all about money, money, money honey boo, boo child! So many people see the word money and think either it's the root of all good or the root of all evil when in truth money isn't the root of anything. Money allows you to pay your bills and live whatever your definition of a comfortable life is, but on it's own money has no energy attached to it that you do not give it. And if you think money is the root of all evil, you'll never have any. Conversely, if you think money can buy you everything, you'll never have anything worthwhile that money cannot buy you, ie love, peace and happiness since those things aren't for sale. Meaning it is perfectly amazing, and even spiritually aligned, to want $1 bilion in the bank, you just have to know what you want the money for. If you think having a certain number of 0s in the bank will change your life, you're probably right, but what's so sucky about your life that you need $1 billion to change it? So before you go out and get to bringing home the bacon ask yourself, what's your purpose for money?


For me, Anastasia Nicole Simon, on this day, February 14, 2012, money is all about comfort and self sufficiency. My purpose for money is to pay each and every bill, including those pesky student loans and grocery shopping at Whole Foods (I love eating organic but it ain't cheap), with grace and ease and have more than enough left over to save, travel and make the occasional donation to Neiman's, Saks, Bloomies, Nordstroms, and Jeffrey's. To finally decorate my apartment the way I want to, which means I can buy art, furniture, and little kick-knack type things that make a house a home. A new car!!!! Phineas is in need of an upgrade and he and I have been thinking Prius for about 8 years now. And yeah, that's about it. I just want to be able to depend on me for my money and never have to ask my parents for rent/bill/gas/food/clothes money ever again, not that I won't take it if they donate : )


No comments:

Post a Comment